Gel nails have been a revolution in the salon world. As well as a gorgeous range of colours and styles, gel nails offer a long lasting finish of up to three weeks with no chips, while giving added strength to your nails.
For the best results your gel nails should be applied professionally. Furthermore, in order to protect your nails against damage your beauty therapist should professionally remove your acrylic nails and nail gel.
How to remove your gel nails
If you should need to find a one-off at home solution then we recommend you use the following five steps.
- Buff/file the top layer of the gel. Shortening the nail first will make this much quicker.
- Soak nails in a bowl of Acetone.Or soak cotton wool in it and wrap them around each nail using foil.
- This may take a while but have patience and it will begin to melt the gel.
- Use a flat clean edge (like the back of a spoon) to gently push away all of the residue until it is completely removed.
- Moisturise your hands and nails with a hand cream and/or cuticle oil if you are able to.
Acresfield offers a range of professional nail services featuring our chosen brand OPI, the global professional for nail care and colours. Please see our online Spa Brochure for our range of lacquer and gel options.