In order to protect your nails against damage your beauty therapist can professionally remove your acrylic nails and nail gel but if you should need to find a one-off at home solution then we recommend you use the following five steps.
- Buff/file the top layer of the gel. Shortening the nail first will make this much quicker.
- Soak nails in a bowl of Acetone.Or soak cotton wool in it and wrap them around each nail using foil.
- This may take a while but have patience and it will begin to melt the gel.
- Use a flat clean edge (like the back of a spoon) to gently push away all of the residue until it is completely removed.
- Moisturise your hands and nails with a hand cream and/or cuticle oil if you are able to.